We are a newly established lab focused on solving medically relevant basic biological questions.
We strive to gain a better mechanistic insight into the processes co-regulated by direct protein-protein interaction between components of Notch and Wnt pathways and Non-canonical Notch-ligand mediated signaling in development, homeostasis and disease.
Developmental and cellular biology, mouse models. Medically relevant basic research focusing on Non-canonical Notch signaling and WNT/NOTCH crosstalks in development, homeostasis and disease. PRIMUS funded project.
Team leader & members
- Dr. Jan Mašek
- Daniel Oliveira (postdoc)
- Anna Maria Frontino (PhD student)
- Fabio Turetti (PhD student)
- Hana Hajšmanová (undergraduate)
- CHODELKOVA O, MASEK J, KORINEK V, KOZMIK Z & MACHON O (2018) Tcf7L2 is essential
for neurogenesis in the developing mouse neocortex. Neural Dev. 13: 8 (Scopus citations: 3)
- MAŠEK J & ANDERSSON ER (2017) The developmental biology of genetic Notch disorders. Development 144: 1743–1763
- MAŠEK J, MACHOŇ O, KOŘÍNEK V, TAKETO MM & KOZMIK Z (2016) Tcf7l1 protects the anterior neural fold from adopting the neural crest fate. Development 143: 2206–2216
Faculty of Science
Mgr. Jan Mašek, Ph.D.
We have an interest for motivated post graduate students interesting in cooperation.
PhD, master students and postdoc applicants, please send your CV, motivation and a reference letter.