Recognition of your Secondary Education
If you choose to study at any university in the Czech Republic, you will need a certificate that proves your Secondary Education. Secondary Education certificates are then validated by the Prague City Council.
Since you will be dealing with Czech civil servants, you’ll need your documents to be translated into Czech. As this process might prove to be difficult to do from your home, the faculties can issue a provisional acceptance letter for you, and you will then need to have your secondary education recognized after your arrival.
The standard fee for validation by the Prague City Council is 3.000 CZK (120 EUR/136 USD*).
- A completed application.
- Foreign Degree, Diploma or Certificate legalized and then officially translated into the Czech language by a translator listed on the Register of Certified Forensic Experts and Translators of the Czech Republic (or an officially certified copy).
- Legalized and then officially translated document with taken classes and hours (content and scope of foreign education) for each year of your study.
- Letter of attorney (for underage applicants, below the age of 18).
- Proof of payment of the administrative fee of 3.000 CZK (120 EUR/136 USD*).
- Your address in the Czech Republic (e.g. a copy of your passport and a rent agreement).
You may find detailed information here.
For any further questions, inquiries or information, contact Mr Martin Fučík
- phone: +420 236 005 214,
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Rate at the time of writing (25 CZK/1 €; 22 CZK/1 USD).
Recognition of your university diploma
It is necessary to have your academic degree validated by the Department for Study and Student Affairs of the university you plan to study at. The validation process or nostrification takes approximately 30 days, so don’t delay!
For more detailed information about the recognition of your higher education and other possible qualifications, see the National Academic Recognition Information Centres in the European Union (NARIC).
- Application Form for Recognition of Documents, here the documents in English are acceptable.
- Officially verified copy of your university degree certificate, an officially verified copy of your list of final examinations or a Transcript of Records (or get your degree “Apostilled”, i.e. officially verified, stamped with an official seal).
- Notarized translations of both documents into the Czech language (if they were issued in a language other than Czech or English).
If your original documents are in the English language, you don’t need to have them translated.
All required documents are to be sent to:
Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague
- Study and International Affairs
Ing. Michaela Bížová
Nám. Jana Palacha 80, Prague 1, Czech Republic
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: +420 251 098 107
Academy of Performing Arts in Prague
- Rectorate, Department of Academic Affairs
Malostranské nám. 12, 11800 Prague 1, Czech Republic
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charles University Rectorate
Ovocny Trh 5, 11636 Prague 1, Czech Republic
- E-mail: email@example.com
Czech Technical University in Prague
- Ludmila Drahošová
Rectorate, CTU in Prague
Department for Education and Students Affairs
Jugoslávských partyzánů 1580/3, 160 00 Prague 6 – Czech Republic
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prague University of Economics and Business
- Admission and Marketing Office
nám. W. Churchilla 4, 13067 Prague 3, Czech Republic
- E-mail: email@example.com
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague
- International Relations Office
Kamycka 129, 16521 Prague 6 Suchdol, Czech Republic
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague
- Department of International Relations
Technická 5, 16628 Prague 6, Czech Republic
- E-mail: email@example.com