Geographical research is focused on tourism, second homes (summer homes and cottages), recreation, leisure time activities and lifestyle.
The Center’s aim is to contribute to understanding developments in and the transformation of regional differentiation in tourism. The Center analyzes new supply and demand trends, current forms of tourism and the impact of tourism on geographical environments. Lifestyle research includes examinations of changes in human spatial behavior and the effects and impacts of leisure activities on the land. Second homes are a pivotal research topic, including their development, current changes and trends and predictions. The Center assesses phenomena associated with second homes, recreation apartments and recreation areas. Functional transformation, commercialization and internationalization have been identified as the most influential processes based on international comparison. At the general level research is focused on the regional identity of rural actors and the perception of tourism space.
Applied research is focused on the effects of these phenomena and processes on local and regional development.
Team leader & members
- Dr. Dana Fialová
- Dr. Jiří Vágner
- doc. Jana Šiftová (Spilková)
- Dr. Tereza Kůsová
- + PhD and master students
- SLÁMA, J., STEJSKALOVÁ, I., KINCL, T., BYSTŘICKÝ, V., KVÍTEK, T., FIALOVÁ, D., ŠTYCH, P. (2020): Golf courses in the Czech Republic: Analysis of the development and socio-economic characteristics. Land Use Policy, 99. IF: 3,682. Dostupné zde. KRAJŇÁK, T. (2020): The effects of terrorism on tourism demand: A systematic review. Tourism Economics. First online. https://doi.org/10.1177/1354816620938900 (IF: 1,819).
- DUMBROVSKÁ, V., FIALOVÁ, D. (2020): The City of One Hundred Souvenir Shops: Authenticity of Souvenirs in Prague. Journal of Tourism and Cultural Change, 18(2), 187–200. ISSN: 1476-6825 online ISSN: 1747-7654 DOI: 10.1080/14766825.2019.1606228 (WoS, IF 2018:1,455).
- DEREK, M., KOWALCZYK, A., KHOLODILIN, K.A., LIMONOV, L., KUBAL-CZERWIŃSKA, M., FIALOVA D. (2020): Changes in the distribution of gastronomic services in the city centre. In Kowalczyk, A., Derek, M. (eds.) Gastronomy and the Urban Space. Changes and Challenges in Geographical Perspective. Cham, Springer, 159–181. ISBN 978-3-030-34491-7.
Faculty of Science
RNDr. Dana Fialová, Ph.D.
T: (+420) 221 951 397
We have an interest for motivated post graduate students interesting in cooperation.