The project aims to develop an out-of-school curriculum for teacher education programs by following these steps:
- finding out about different out of school learning environments, approaches
and resources used in countries where out-of-school education has been successfully conducted over years, acquire and possess high-quality skills,
- acquire and possess high-quality skills, competences, knowledge and skills related to strategies, methods and techniques that can be used in out-of-school activities,
- collaborate with partners to construct scaffolds which will help us to develop an out-of-school curriculum,
- test and refine the curriculum first in Hacettepe University (the applicant university),
- translate and apply the curriculum in participant countries.
The curriculum will consist of following aspects: interdisciplinary connections, STEM education, using mobile applications, virtual museums, augmented reality, assessment. The goal of this curriculum is to combine the theoretical background with applied activities by creating on-site learning environments.
The theoretical knowledge will be developed via intensive collaboration with the input emerged
from national and international out of school practices and examples given by the teacher trainers and project experts. In order to support theory with practice, pre-service teachers will create learning environments by choosing one of the out-of-school learning environments (e.g. planetarium, museum, zoo, etc.)
prof. Martin Bílek
Faculty of Education, Faculty of Science
prof. PhDr. Martin Bílek, Ph.D.
T: (+420) 221 900 213