The use of artificial intelligence (AI) in SMEs, GOs, and NGOs is a goal of European, national and regional digitization and innovation strategies. However, the evidence indicates that in the partner regions of this project (South Bohemia, Upper Austria, and Vienna), the potential of AI is significantly less exploited than in other European and non-European countries. This deficit is most evident in the field of science and research and marginally in the follow-up of large companies’ processes.
This project aims to create a cross-border network of collaborating entities to
- jointly identify opportunities for the practical use of AI,
- find an appropriate and effective level of application of this technology to optimize the processes of organizations, and
- find ways to overcome existing barriers complicating the implementation of AI in practice.
The project’s outputs will be implemented based on initial analytical work, which will result in a cross-border strategic agenda document governing the joint action of the partners of the present project to mutually support and accelerate the cross-border introduction of AI into corporate and institutional practice. Special labs – AI Social Design Thinking Labs – will be set up on both sides of the border to support the implementation of the strategic agenda. The methodology of the labs will also include a discussion between partners on the responsible implementation and use of AI. Accompanying the labs’ concept will be three introductory awareness and training modules aimed at selected target groups. Project outputs will directly impact curriculum adjustments at the Faculty of Management.
- Prague University of Economics and Business, Czech Republic (VŠE)
- South Bohemian Science and Technology Park, Czech Republic (JVTP)
- University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria (FH OÖ) – Global Sales and Marketing
- Institute for Advanced Studies Vienna (IHS)
Team leader & members
- Ing. et Ing. Lucie Sára Závodná, Ph.D.
- doc. Ing. Tomáš Kincl, Ph.D.
- Ing. Jiří Dvořák, Ph.D.
- doc. Bc. Ing. Mojmír Sabolovič, Ph.D.
- PhDr. Jan Závodný Pospíšil, Ph.D.
- Ing. Lenka Vetýšková
Prague University of Economics and Business (VŠE)
Faculty of Management
Department of Management
Ing. et Ing. Lucie Sára Závodná, Ph.D.