Graduates of the program:
- know to compare systematically and comprehensively contemporary theories and practice in political science,
- know to compare systematically and comprehensively the contemporary theory and practice in political science,
- compare systematically and comprehensively the processes and methods of qualitative and quantitative research,
- identify possibilities of realization and financing of research,
- are able to propose and implement independently a basic quantitative and qualitative research,
- are able to publish in representative journals at home and abroad.
More information at: https://ozs.vse.cz/english/vse-degree-programmes/phd/
Doctoral study of Political Science at VSE offers extending of knowledge in the field of Policy and Political Sciences. Owing to common economic basis of doctoral study at VSE the graduate gains combined knowledge of economics and policy, which is one of the key connections for understanding a modern world.
This study can be recommended both to people who want to be professional politicians and to people from the economic sphere, who are in a daily contact with politics. Doctoral study of political science can be recommended above all to the researchers who want to deal with the political science professionally as scientists or pedagogues. The study of political science within doctoral study offers knowledge indispensable both for qualified decisions in institutions of political system and for effective decision making of firms, for which political interests form a natural environment of their activity. In narrower specialisation of doctoral students the department enables quite a
broad range of focus of doctoral thesis – from political science analyses of historical topics and political thinking, comparative study of political systems or political phenomena, to the analysis of phenomena of modern political process.
|Applications start||1st April 2018|
|Applications end||15th May 2018|
|Start of study:||25th September 2018|