The Master in Management [MIMG] degree is a two-year Master ́s degree programme, taught in English, which is offered by the Faculty of Business Administration (FBA) of the University of Economics, Prague. The Faculty of Business Administration is EQUIS accredited, which ranks the faculty among the top 1% of business schools in the world. The MIMG degree’s aim is to inspire and to educate analytical and socially responsible minded business professionals with a broad economic overview, as well as with a focus on business management. The field of study is suitable for students with analytical thinking skills who are interested in the business environment. This course puts particular emphasis on the building up and management of companies of all sizes and legal forms, as well as from all industry and business sectors. Graduates will be able to execute economic and managerial functions at top management levels in companies, and other institutions, where a knowledge of business management is necessary. Usually they start their careers in industrial enterprises, as well as those which operate in the sectors of energy, transport and storage, as well as trade and services or consulting firms.
More information at: http://mimg.vse.cz/
Knowledge and Understanding
- explain basic mathematical and statistical and probabilistic approaches to the analysis of economic data;
- characterize the structural elements of market economy and their interaction;
- describe the essence of the existence of organizational units and identify the basic processes that run through them (organizing, managing, financing, governing), including the associated cultural or social context;
- define all relevant environmental elements of the organization, their dynamics and influence on strategy and management of the organization;
- describe the basic frameworks, theories, models and methods for managing organizations in all phases of their life cycle;
- identify the basic principles of creating, maintaining and developing sustainable relationships with all stakeholders; Professional Skills
- independently search, sort and interpret economic data;
- critical thinking and working with different managerial tensions;
- evaluate strategic, marketing, financial and personal business plans according to pre-established criteria;
- lead a team that has a farely well-defined objective;
- convincingly present own views and opinions of the team.
|Applications start||1st December 2017|
|Applications end||10th June 2018|
|Start of study:||25th September 2018|
Admission requirements are: a Bachelor ́s degree, proof of English proficiency and an essay in English (approximately 2,500–3,000 words) on a given topic which reflects the knowledge and skills gathered during previous courses in the specialisation Business Administration (e.g. Strategic Analysis, Marketing, Management, Logistics, HR or Entrepreneurship). Part of the admission procedure is also a brief motivational interview not longer than 10–15 minutes. Both face to face, as well as Skype interviews. will be held on 3rd week in June.