- orientate themselves in information about the economy and economic activity and understand various perspectives of it due to mastering the essentials of various fields (mathematics, statistics, accounting, finance, economics, business, geography, law, history and philosophy);
- interpret social phenomena through economic logic in terms of benefits and costs to its participants;
- characterize the perspectives of various schools of economic thought upon the workings of economic systems and their constituting parts;
- describe possible consequence of changing the rules of behaviour (institutions) for the interaction of people in society;
- evaluate on a general level how a structure of particular industries and its changes are reflected in economic efficiency of such industries;
- formulate mutual interdependence of agents in their decision-making as an economic game and propose possible rules that will incentivise agents to achieve a desired end;
- construct a simple economic model and use it to find out a solution to a research question.
More information at: http://econ.vse.cz/
The aim of the programme is to prepare graduates for a successful career in academically and theoretically focused positions particularly in the area of education and consultancy services.
The programme is suitable for analytically-minded students with an interest in social science and economic affairs who seek to obtain wide-ranging foundations of economic education and who plan to continue their studies of economics or other social sciences on a higher level.
|Applications start||1st December 2017|
|Applications end||30th April 2018|
|Start of study:||25th September 2018|
Applicants required to supply a short motivation letter and an essay on a selected economic topic, which are used for decisions about acceptance.