Czech Technical University in Prague - Faculty of Electrical Engineering
The mission of the doctoral study program Computer Science is to teach students methods of scientific work, provide them with advanced knowledge in computer science and experience in independent research. All skills and experience will be based on deep theoretical knowledge, including current trends in informatics.
The graduates will:
- master the methods and technologies at the frontier of knowledge in some of the disciplines of informatics and will acquire the necessary theoretical, especially mathematical, apparatus.
- be able to continuously monitor the development of methods and technologies by effectively searching for relevant publications and other materials and direct communication with the world community and critically evaluate the quality of these sources of information; will be able to deepen their knowledge in various forms of life, not only in theoretical but also in applied disciplines.
- be able to identify problems that are important from a research and application point of view, for example, problems coming from practice.
- be able to improve or replace known methods with their own solutions, verify these solutions experimentally and in real applications and, if necessary, be able to improve or adapt the mathematical apparatus itself, which is used for their research.
- be able to publish and defend their own results in the context of the current state of knowledge at prestigious world conferences, high rated impacted journals, in application projects and possibly also in commercial applications.
- be ready to continue their scientific careers in postdoctoral positions at prestigious academic workplaces, or in research, development or managerial positions at high-tech companies, will be able to work in international teams, in basic and applied research.
- be able to engage in research and obtain financial support for research at the international level, for example, in the form of grant applications.
|Applications start||4th February 2023|
|Applications end||6th June 2023|
|Start of study:||25th September 2023|
Temporarily go to http://www.studyatctu.com/how-to-apply-private
If you have any additional questions, need help and assistance or require further clarification, please, do not hesitate to contact our colleagues:
- Study Office: email@example.com (admission requirements, deadlines, application and enrolment for Bachelor and Master degree program applicants),
- Office for Science and Research: firstname.lastname@example.org (admission requirements, deadlines, application and enrolment for Ph.D. program applicants),
- International Office: email@example.com (assistance with the Czech visa application, Student Mode Program, question about the community of international students, life in the Czech Republic and integration).
For more information feel free to visit the website of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering.
|Study duration||4 years|
|School fees||€ 38 per year|