Recognition of Secondary Education
Secondary Education certificates are validated by the Prague City Council.
Documents translated into Czech language are needed. As this process might be difficult to do from your home, the faculties can issue a provisional acceptance letter for you, and you will then need to have your secondary education recognized after your arrival.
Fee for validation by the Prague City Council: CZK 1 000
- a completed application
- legalized and then officially translated Foreign Degree, Diploma or Certificate into the Czech language, made by a translator listed on the Register of Certified Forensic Experts and Translators of the Czech Republic (or an officially certified copy)
- a legalized and then officially translated document with classes taken and hours (content and scope of foreign education) for each year of study.
- power of attorney (for underage applicants, below the age of 18)
- proof of payment of the administrative charge of CZK 1 000, approx. EUR 36/ USD 42)
- your address in the Czech Republic (e.g. a copy of your passport, rent agreement)
- Detailed information here.
For further information, contact
- Mr. Martin Fučík
- Phone: +420 236 005 214
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recognition of a university diploma
You must have your university degree validated by the relevant university Department for Study and Student Affairs. The process of validating your previous degree is called nostrification, and takes approximately 30 days.
For detailed information about the recognition of higher education and qualifications, see at National Academic Recognition Information Centres in the European Union (NARIC).
- an Application Form for Recognition of Documents. Documents in English language are acceptable.
- an officially verified copy of your university degree certificate, an officially verified copy of your list of final examinations/a Transcript of Records t (or get your degree “Apostilled”, i.e. officially verified, stamped with an official seal)
- Notarized translations of both documents into Czech language (if they were issued in a language other than Czech or English).
If your original documents are issued in English language, you do not need to have them translated into Czech language.
Send all required documents to:
Charles University in Prague
- Charles University Rectorate
- Ovocny Trh 5, 11636 Prague 1, Czech Republic
- Email: email@example.com
Czech Technical University in Prague
- Eva Huříková
- Rectorate, CTU in Prague
- Department for Education and Students Affairs
- Zikova 4, 166 36 Praha 6, Czech Republic
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Economics, Prague
- Admission and Marketing Office
- nám. W. Churchilla 4, 13067 Prague 3, Czech Republic
- Email: email@example.com
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague
- International Relations Office
- Kamycka 129, 16521 Prague 6 Suchdol, Czech Republic
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague
- Department of International Relations
- Technická 5, 16628 Prague 6, Czech Republic
- E-mail: email@example.com