Did you know that our universities offer a wide range of cultural activities for their students and academic staff?
- The Majales student festival has a long tradition in the Czech Republic. It is a celebration of student life, and is organized by university student clubs every Spring, in May.
- In addition to a range of music and drama societies and film clubs, Charles University also hosts many exhibitions (for example, World Press Photo) during the academic year in the Cross Corridor of the historic Carolinum building.
- The Charles University Orchestra and Choir gives regular performances and collaborates with other musical bodies and charity organisations.
- The Karolinum Press – the publishing house of Charles University – primarily publishes scientific monographs and almost 30 specialist periodicals. For students, it prepares study notes and university textbooks for all subjects offered at CU, and also publishes special editions of Czech literature translated into world languages.
- Karolinum also issues a number of publications in both printed and online form. Through its cooperation with international distributors, Karolinum e-books are available all over the world. CU employees and students have free access through their library accounts.
- The Czech Technical University organizes classical music concerts in the historic Bethlehem Chapel, free of charge
- Students from the Czech Technical University and the University of Economics in Prague have founded a theater group
- The Czech Technical University has its own choir and philharmonic orchestra.
- Each year, the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague organises a one-week festival of documentary films under the title International Life Sciences Film Festival, on its campus in Prague Suchdol. Over 140 documentaries are screened, dealing with agriculture, forestry, alternative fuels, biotechnology, ecology, biodiversity and sustainability.
The rich history of the universities in Prague is reflected not only in their fine buildings, but also in numerous valuable specialized faculty collections, many of which are displayed in specialized museums.
- The Carolinum
- Botanical Garden of the Faculty of Natural Sciences
- The Bethlehem Chapel
- Hrdlička Museum of Anthropology
- The Map Collection of Charles University´s Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Museum of Normal and Comparative Anatomy
- The Czech Pharmaceutical Museum
- The National Technical Museum
- The National Museum of Agriculture