All 5 universities of the Study in Prague project are institutions with long tradition and are highly ranked by the most respected university rankings, including their specializations.
What else do we best?
Charles University in Prague (CU)
- Charles University is ranked among the top 1.5% of universities worldwide according to the most respected international league tables and rankings
- for many years CU has been building a profile as a research university focusing on intensive scientific research, as well as offering high-quality study programs.
- CU faculties host many top research teams that collaborate with study centres abroad, such as the European Centre for Nuclear Research (CERN), the internationally renowned Czech Institute of Egyptology, and many others
- Charles University collaborates with prominent educational and scientific institutions from all over the world, and has established partnerships with prestigious higher education institutions from 53 countries throughout the world
- CU is a member of EAIE, EUA, UNICA, the Coimbra Group, IAU and many other international organisations and networks of universities
Czech Technical University in Prague (CTU)
- CTU in Prague is the oldest technical university in Europe, founded in 1707.
- The University has built up strong bonds with its industrial partners, including important world-scale players, such as Toyota, Skanska, Bosch, Siemens, Honeywell, GE, Rockwell, ABB, McKinsey, DaimlerChrysler, and Skoda-Volkswagen.
- CTU in Prague is the highest ranked technical university in the country (QS World University Rankings 2014/15: rank 411, QS University Subject Rankings 2014: 100 in Civil and Structural Engineering, 150 Mechanical Engineering)
- More than 700 scientific and research projects are in progress at CTU
- The Air House, a house built by students from the Czech Technical University, was awarded the overall third place and first place in category of design in a competition organised by the U.S. Department of Solar Energy Decathlon 2013 at the Orange County Great Park in Irvine, Calif.
- At Inovacentrum, attached to CTU, we support academics, students and our business partners in various ways. Our aim is always to help our clients from the university and from business to succeed in placing the best and most modern technologies on the market.
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (CULS)
- Was awarded the prestigious Diploma Supplement Label in 2012, and the ECTS Label in 2013, by the EU Commission.
- 3rd largest university in Prague, 10th largest university in Czech Republic, and 2nd largest Faculty of Economics and Management in Prague
- Member of the Euroleague for Life Sciences – network of 7 top Life Sciences Universities in Europe
- Offers 20 MSc and 8 BSc programmes taught entirely in English
- The only university in the Czech Republic that offers study programmes in tropical agriculture, forestry, and sustainable development in the tropics and subtropics
- Close cooperation with universities in Asia, Africa and South America
- Excellent facilities for research
- Several programmes focused on sustainability
- The only university in Prague with a landscaped (garden) campus
- Modern infrastructure – indoor swimming pool, football field, horseback riding, etc.
- Large university farm and a forestry establishment near Prague
- Summer schools for students in Asia each year
- Several student associations
The University of Economics, Prague (VŠE)
- The University has been awarded the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) Label and the Diploma Supplement Label.
- Two master’s programmes have been certified with EPAS accreditation by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
- The University has been included in the Financial Times Ranking and QS Ranking, and regularly ranks as one of the best business schools in Central and Eastern Europe, according to the annual evaluation of the Eduniversal Ranking.
- A member of numerous international organizations and networks, such as the international strategic alliance CEMS (Global Alliance in Management Education) and PIM (Partnership in International Management)
- The University currently cooperates with more than 220 partner universities from four continents.
The University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague (UCT)
- Is the largest university focused on technical chemistry and related areas in Central Europe
- Is the top research university in the Czech Republic
- Top level research equipment and facilities
- High quality students’ laboratories
- Students are widely integrated into research and scientific activities
- Graduates are sought after and valued by a wide range of employers